Good morning sunshine. Today I kicked off my morning with my first ever Acai bowl. YASSSS girl it’s as good as pictured. Talk about a refreshing morning. I am now off to my first hair appointment in over 4 years but will leave you with this super easy to follow recipe from Popsugar.com
I cut out the granola, flakes, seeds & bee pollen because I tried to keep things more simple this first time around & granola doesn’t help the love handles. Click Pop Sugar link above for original recipe.
- 2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) frozen stawberries & 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tablespoons acai powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Fresh fruit, sliced (I used bananas, strawberries, and blueberries)
- Clear, runny honey
- Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk, nut or seed butter, and honey to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen-yogurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit & honey
Happy Weekend ❤